Thursday, January 10, 2008

Big Update, Part 1- Farm Show


The Prince is sleeping, having just finished this bottle. I am doing child care today as Queen Andi begins her first week of work as a CNA. We both are enjoying what we're doing. Andi has a real gift for caregiving, and I get grins and chortles all morning long. Nice work if you can get it.

Last night, the long-awaited Feast: Supper at the Farm Show. I don't whose bright idea it was to put this event right after Christmas Cookie season. The only New Year's resolution I have in mind during Farm Show Week is not to get as chunky as the Governor of Philadelphia (as one of Joreen's students called him). Pictured here are the breaded mushrooms and apple cider. The roast beef with horseradish (damn, I'm getting hungry) and broccoli/cauliflower salad were also off the hook. Mary and I just had a potato doughnut. "It's a Beautiful Day in Pennsylvania" indeed.

How about this weather we're having?

Any warmer, and this thing might melt.

Last night was the Giant Chicken Dance/Polka 'Til You Drop event in the new arena, and there I was reunited with my long-lost twin brother, shown in this crappy photo playing bass.

Joreen took the opportunity to videotape the polkateers with her Christmas present, the Flip Ultra camcorder. When Hillary goes to reform health care, she should make sure that all maternity wards issue one of these dealies to every new grandmother in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment