Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two-Day Long Weekend

It seems long because it's been so action-packed. Yesterday we celebrated Roger Wilkinson's birthday, which is actually today. He turns 60 and had more than one guest for each of those years at his party, which was impressive. He found about the surprise party early and volunteered to bring his own PA system and do the opening set, which was impressive. He dealt with some serious failures to communicate among various levels of management at the brewery without going into Donald Duck mode, which was impressive. Now, if he really wants to impress me, he'll play and lug equipment at my 60th birthday party. Happy Birthday, Roger. We're glad you were born.

Today was Andrea's surprise baby shower, and unlike Roger's, it stayed a surprise until she walked in the door. She actually walked in the wrong door, but that's all right. Brian's family and friends were all there, and they are a really fine bunch of people. Joreen, Mary, the boys and I felt very welcome and at home with them. The food -- hold that thought. Andie just called while I was typing this. She's still smiling from today, and I could hear it over the phone. At some point I'll have to post a picture. She's really, really expecting. Anyway, the food was outstanding. It was a place called Mama's Pizza in Loganville, and everything from the stromboli to the wings to the pasta was great. I'm going to have to dial in an extra ten minutes on the exercise machine tomorrow.

And now, I'm going to go to bed and hope this bug bite on my left pinkie continues to subside without killing me or, worse, making me play with only three fingers and a thumb. I need all the help I can get. I think it was a spider, but not one of the recluse, skin-melting, yucky kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment