Friday, October 23, 2009

Where'd The Last Two Weeks Go?

Sorry for being dormant on the blog. We've been busy as all get out, playing the Columbus Society banquet and working on the new demo. Final mixdown tomorrow, and hopefully we can use this puppy to go get some work for Just Friends. I'll try and scare up some photos of the Hershey job and post them later. We had issues with some of the Italian material -- hey, it's been a year -- but David said we looked like The Who with all those lights on the stage, so that's cool.

I just saw that Soupy Sales passed away. Sad news, although I wouldn't have bet a lot on a game of "Live or Dead?" about him. One thing that cracked me up was the quote that, "He had a long and varied career after the show, with stints as a radio host and Broadway star (and, once, an expert witness in a court case that involved pie-throwing)." Man, I'd love to have reported that hearing. I do remember watching the show on 17th Street, in black and white, and him making the stick man out of the letters in the word Jello. What a shame they never kept those shows back then*; the DVD sales would have made his retirement a lot more comfortable.

*After publishing, I started poking around on Youtube and found this.

No comments:

Post a Comment