Friday, October 09, 2009

Woohoooooo!


I have a secret. I want to meet the Giant Foods "U-Scan Voice Lady" and kiss her full on the mouth. For years she's been nagging me, "Please place the item in the bag." "Please take the item out of the bag." "No." "You've done it wrong." "Please place the item back in the bag." "Can't you do anything right." "You moron." And then the kicker, "Remember to check for any coupons that may have been printed just for you." Of course, those coupons are usually for something about as useful as carbon paper, so I don't always do what the Voice Lady tells me to. It's my Sixties rebellious nature, I guess.

But today for some reason I decided to do what she said, and the coupon said, "Congratulations! You have won free groceries for a week." That translates to a $100 gift card, which is just all right with me. The customer service girl and some employees standing around got all excited when I cashed it in. Apparently I was the first winner out of the U-Scan, and one of the last ones for this promotion. The U-Scan cashier reminded me that it can be used for gas, too. What a day brightener. Thanks, U-Scan Voice Lady!

I promised you some pancake breakfast pics. Here they are.


Prince Theo the Hungry, finishing his third pancake. Grandma watches approvingly.


One of the better pictures of my little guy Travis. He was rocking the breakfast. Mary and Deven look like they're singing along to Mick Cochran, who was doing some great country songs while we ate.


Like the Carly Simon song says, "I had a dream, there were clowns in my coffee, clowns in my coffee...."

2 comments:

  1. I thought that was "clouds in my coffee"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, everywhere else but at my house.

    ReplyDelete