Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting Ready to Begin to Get Ready

Cleared the decks in the pizzelle production corner of the kitchen. Bought mass quantities of sugar, flour, eggs and butter. Got out the Christmas CDs. The first one this year, breaking with tradition, wasn't the Joe Pass disc I got for cheap at a drug store years ago and which always kicks off the season for me. I'm listening to a disc given to me by Cheryl Haviland, who passed away this year. It's a mystery disc, from a catalogue company called Figi's. The musicians aren't credited. It's pure smooth jazz, not my usual thing, but the arrangements are unique and beautiful and the playing is first rate.

For those of you who are family and follow this blog, I'd like to have you over the day after Christmas, Saturday, in the afternoon. I'll be calling you about it, but this is just a heads-up.

Butter's cooled down. Time to start mixing dough. Tomorrow the house will smell like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment