Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hot Enough For Ya?

As the first day of summer comes sweltering in, it's interesting to see people's perspectives on the weather.  Mary, who until Sunday lived in Texas, is laughing at the people who are crying about a little 90-something degree weather.  Her definition of "hot" is when you sit under the air conditioner and you can't feel the cool air on your back.  It's all relative, I guess.  I was on retreat in upstate New York on Lake George, where the weather was warm one day but mostly cool, staying at or near the low seventies.  With the windows open day and night, I was in Paradise.  The lady who lives in Tampa was wearing a jacket all day and running a space heater at night and was less happy with the temps.  I just pray for a little more balance in the weather this year, and less torrential rains, at least until I get a new sump pump.  Like much of my equipment these days, I'm asking it to run a bit or a lot past its design specs.

No comments:

Post a Comment