Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Now, where were we?

The last time I was on this blog the interface was completely different, so I apologize if things go a little awry.  Life has been chockful of interesting developments, including the return of Mary and the boys to the house.  There's something nostalgic about watching two loaves of bread disappear, and it's a good thing.  I'm in a different place workwise, in that it's a bit scarce, but that's temporary.  I'm also back from a weeklong retreat at the Paulist Fathers summer home in Lake George, New York, which is one of the most beautiful places in the world.  There's some fun musical events coming up as well.  I'm sitting in with a band called American Roulette, and learning a bunch of songs I always wanted to get around to, such as Dancing In The Moonlight and Dirty Work.  There's a Just Friends reunion gig coming up in a couple of weeks and "we're putting the band back together" for that.  As if that wasn't cool enough, I'm going to be doing a gig with central Pennsylvania's most handsome country band, Laredo, playing bass and trying (unsuccessfully) to fill my brother Bill's shoes. 

I've been lax in updating this blog, and I'll try and do better.  First I have to figure out what all these new buttons are on this blog interface.  Why in the world do we have to update stuff that's already working?  I'm just askin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment