Friday, July 13, 2012

Back In The Saddle Again

This week marks the return of the old "gig hog" days.  Wednesday night, Just Friends played a reunion show at the Guardian Hose Company Carnival in Thurmont, Maryland.  It was just like riding a bicycle -- hot, sweaty and uphill most of the time :)  No, actually, it was a blast.  We really enjoyed each other's company and remembered almost all the important parts to almost all the tunes.  We're looking forward to another chance to play together again August 10th at the Verhovay.  That club has changed their policy about guests a little, so if you're interested in coming to that show, get in touch with me.

Tonight, I am sitting in with Deezle Church at Low Places in Lancaster.  I have learned the bass parts to a slew of "new country" for the occasion.  I have another show with them at Buck Wild in Camp Hill tomorrow, but there's a Dovetail show in between in Danville for the Sisters of Saints Cyril and Methodius.  They are longtime friends of ours, we are lay associates of their order, and some of them are really into my CD.  I'm totally rocking the nun demographic.

Just to put a cap on it all, I'm playing bass with Hemlock Hollow on Sunday in Hummelstown.  Anything worth doing is worth doing too much of.

No comments:

Post a Comment