Sunday, July 01, 2012

Man, It's A Hot One

How hot is it?  I went out to cut the grass and halfway to the shed decided to skip right to the cold beverage part.  I have a bunch of stuff to do indoors anyway, such as getting ready to play bass on a couple-three dozen songs I've never done before, many of which I've never heard before.  They mostly fall into the "new country" category, which is kind of like Nickelback with a cheekful of Skoal.  Just about as appetizing, too, but you can't agree to go outside your comfort zone and then look surprised when it's uncomfortable.  Anyway, there's some halfway decent bass lines in some of them, and at the end of the day work is work, and now more than ever it's bad luck to turn it down.

Meanwhile, the grandboys and I made French toast out of a Giant baguette this morning and it turned out pretty darn good.  I did have to bust one of the little locusts for using up the last of the milk and not telling me, but there's no excuse on my part for not knowing just to buy an extra gallon from now on.  There's a little nostalgia at play here, because I remember my Mom putting two quarts of milk on the table at supper and just throwing the tops away (remember glass milk bottles, you old farts?) because she knew there wouldn't be any left.  They're good kids.

Here's a heads-up on a date I'd like you to reserve for me, and that's August 19th.  The Kellys (Joreen and I, Craig Rankin and Alex Harden) are playing at St. Catherine's parish picnic.  It's going to be a blast, and a rare opportunity to see Joreen and I cranking it up.  I'll be plugging this a bunch between now and then. 



No comments:

Post a Comment