Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jim and Tina


Sunday afternoon, we attended a surprise 60th birthday party for Jim and Tina Wallish, my brother David's in-laws. They are really great folks. I'm personally grateful to Tina for her kindness to me while I was in the hospital in '03. She was a big help in navigating the paperwork stream and just being a friendly face when I certainly needed one.

Jim is a long-time friend and former coworker of Vince's, and a musician in his own right, having played trombone in the Navy Band. Recently he has been playing guitar and performing with the Lower Paxton Parks Department band, as well as working on recording projects with Tina, brother Dave and Kathy.

The birthday party was organized by Kathy, shown here with her own birthday present. A trendsetter if ever I saw one.



Kathy put together a slideshow of photos from Jim and Tina's childhood to the present. I don't want to hear about how home movies are boring; I love looking at old photos of people I know. It's cool to check out the cars, fashions, and other traces of the past in those pictures.

Here is a really cool photo of Prince Theo and his Great-Uncle Bill. The grandboy was a charmer all afternoon, even though he had a bit of a cold, and his Great-Aunt Ginny gets thanks for holding him while we ate, in fact getting him to conk out for a while.

Dad and Rose were at the party (sorry, no pictures) and we talked about the upcoming road trip Dad, my brothers and I are taking to Notre Dame. More on that later.

Happy birthday and many happy returns to the the Wallishes -- including Kathy, whose birthday is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment