Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stuff Happens

Around here, much stuff has been happening. Synopsis follows.

Just Friends has undergone another personnel change. Craig Rankin, who joined us after Barry left, has left the band. Craig is a decent, hard-working guy who will be an asset to any band he joins. Our parting was very amicable. Joreen and I wish him all the best, and I believe I can speak for the rest of the band in that regard. Our new drummer, John Wilson, is from Enola and is a veteran of the local band scene, having played in the past with Rosie and the Naturals and other local groups. John is also a really nice guy, and we welcome him aboard. He joined us at the Minnequa Saturday night, and we had a blast.

Joreen traveled to Vermont today to spend some time with her sister.

Saturday, the oven crapped out on me just as I was about to bake two of the prettiest loaves of bread I ever formed. The estimate for the part to repair the control panel is almost the price of a new oven. It's 15 years old, so it's not a big shock. We'll go shopping for a new one when Joreen gets home.

This morning, the last of our old pets, Cinders, passed away at home. As late as Sunday afternoon, she was climbing up on people's laps and yelling for meat. Yesterday, she began making a sound I hadn't heard before, and in my non-veterinarian opinion it seemed like she was having some kind of stroke. She died this morning. Making a sandwich this afternoon, I got a little lonely. I'm used to her running into the kitchen at the sound of the refrigerator opening and making a sound that roughly translated into something like, "Hey, down here!"

Between this, that and the other thing, I am behind in my typing, so I'm going to go "make the donuts" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment