Friday, June 12, 2009

I've Got Jury Duty and Other Music News

Mike Miller of the band Jury of Five called and invited me to fill in for one of their guitar players at Musicfest this year, July 3rd. I jumped at the chance. Besides getting the chance to play with other people, which I enjoy, and learn some new music, I get to play with my brother Steve on keyboards. The setlist is shaping up to be mostly originals from Mark and Mike with some tasty covers thrown in. I can't seem to locate the band schedule right now, so I'll update later, but 2:30 at the Market Street stage is what I'm remembering. Of course, things are so busy right now, I wouldn't trust my memory. Two extra hearings came in this week, including the one I'm getting ready for now. Tonight is Fr. Tcheou's movie night at St. Catherine's and I'm setting up the PA for him.

Quick preview of the next post: The Durable Goods are the featured entertainment for the Dauphin County Historical Society's annual fundraiser, to be held Sunday, July 19, from 3:00 to 8:00, at Camp Reily. I'll comment more later, but here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment