Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Diamonds are Forever...



... but chocolate covered Rice Krispies Marshmallow Treats are easier to make, and work just as well (if you married right).

Yes, the above photo is the traditional Symbol of Luv in the Kelly household, going back more years than we can remember. Actually, the heart shaped cake pan came from my parents' house when I moved out, so I've had that for over 30 years now. The marshmallow treats in the heart pan happened one Valentine's Day when I was a bit desperate, and whaddyaknow? Success! So now it's become a Tradition. The chocolate coating came later. The only complaint I heard today was, "What, no 'I Love You' in white icing?" So, I got some Rice Krispies and made this modification:



Ain't love grand?

By the way, if you're out shoveling that sheetrock that looks like snow, come the hell back in and wait for it to melt. You'll give yourself a heart attack. I got the message when I hit some of it with the sharp edge of a coal shovel and the shovel bounced off. Fuhgeddabaddit. I'm having a shot of Jameson's and watching the Weather Channel.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:31 PM

    a marshmellow valentine? eat your hearrt out....

    tman

    ReplyDelete