Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Irish Coffee, so to speak



Well, the coffee wasn't necessarily Irish, but Ed and I qualify. Here is a photo from a recent Coyote Joe's performance. Ed is actually the senior member of this duo, having been playing some time before me. We started in high school, where we would unroll the papyrus lyric charts... well, maybe not that long ago.
Seriously, Ed has been at this for a while and the experience shows in his performance. He's also continuing to learn new material, proof that you can teach some of us old dogs new tricks. Thanks to Ed for asking me to play with him on that gig, and thanks also to our friends for supporting us, some of whom joined us at the ABC Brewery West after the show:


By the way, although I am half-Irish and half-Italian, I have proof of my credentials as a real Irishman. Observe this photo of my mother and myself, which says Sep 56 on the edge of the picture:




Yes, for most of my young life I thought beer was the stuff with three rings on the label. Those are Ballantine Beer quarts. Thanks to my Dad and Rose, I have a great album of many old pictures like this one, including the one that accompanies my profile. As I get better with the scanner, I'll be putting them up for your general amusement. Wait till you see the one with the pony and the cowboy outfit.

1 comment:

  1. Somewhere, I have a picture of me at 18 or so months old sitting in a high-chair with a case of Lions Head Ale underneath the high-chair.

    The three rings does bring back memories that were packed away a long time ago.

    The kind words are much appreciated. Having friends that have remain so much a part of your life is a treasure beyond measure and words.

    Grampa Ed

    ReplyDelete