Sunday, February 04, 2007

What Do You Call a Country Club Full of Lawyers?


Answer: A really satisfying Just Friends Band gig.

The band came out of a brief post-holiday break with guns blazing Saturday night, playing the Annual President’s Dinner Dance for the Dauphin County Bar Association. Thanks to our friend and the outgoing Bar Association President, Thomas P. Gacki, Esq., we had the opportunity to play for many local judges and attorneys.

In my day job, I get to see many attorneys being very "lawyerly," serious and down to business, so I get a kick out of seeing them cut loose and dance, and there was plenty of that. The band played a nice long dinner set, and after presentations and speeches we rocked the Bar.

Highlights of the night:

1) Playing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" for Tom and Brenda as they danced. The last time we played that song for them was at their wedding. Brenda is a saint, of course, and Tom knows it.

2) Breaking out a new Chicago song, "Saturday In The Park." It was received well, and will probably see heavy rotation in the setlists from now on.

The band will be on a "VFW tour" this month, playing Dillsburg on the 17th and Chambersburg on the 24th. Many of our upcoming jobs are in private clubs or for corporate events, but I'll do my best to keep you posted when something comes up that "civilians" like our friends and family can come to. For more information, check out www.justfriendsband.com . Also, be on the lookout for some exciting news regarding the band in the near future. I can't say any more just yet, because I don't want to sleep with the fishes (just kidding, Vince).

Again, thanks to Tom Gacki and the Bar Association for making us feel so welcome. And anyone wanting to see some really incriminating pictures of Tom dancing, contact me privately.

2 comments:

  1. what's with the sales pitch? Deny access

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's spam. I'm trying to get rid of it, but don't know how.

    ReplyDelete