Thursday, October 02, 2008

In Bedrooms Everywhere...

... there are folks sitting and making music like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU9HiwmcLWQ

In a perfect world there would be venues (smoke-free with micros on tap and good house sound) where guys this amazing could play. I don't even know this cat's name or anything about him.* Surfing a Grateful Dead link (rukind.org) I ended up hearing his version of Weather Report Suite. Next break this morning I'll have to check out "Martha My Dear."

The tuning is DGCGCD. Who thinks this stuff up?

*BTW, here's the guitar player's blog: http://tonyrclef.blogspot.com/ Not a very prolific blogger, but there's an interesting essay on arranging songs that gives an insight into the process of coming up with covers this good. Pretty prolific video maker; nice version of "Martha My Dear."

To the non-guitar players out there, sorry if this is boring stuff. Hey, how 'bout those Phillies? They won yesterday! Joreen was in the car and made me narrate the end of the game to her. Instant heart attack stuff. These guys could make you crazy following them. Go Phils.

1 comment: