Sunday, November 23, 2008

Live Music Again, Finally


Last Friday evening Joreen zipped up my coat for me and we went over to Eckel's in Mechanicsburg to see Ed, Grace, Steve and Mike play.


If you've never been to Eckel's, it's an attraction in its own right, a drug store so stuck in a time warp that it was used as a setting from the Sixties in the movie "Girl, Interrupted." There's stuff to look at all over the place.


Of course, the main attraction Friday was the performance, and I would rave about this act's vocal prowess even if they weren't all my friends, and one of them wasn't my brother. The harmonies were strong, creating and consistent all night -- well, as long as I could hang in, which was one set.


I'll try to give a heads-up when they're playing again. This is an act worth catching, if for nothing else than the fact that you can then claim to have heard a song about an Amish disco. See Mike Miller for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment