Thursday, November 13, 2008

Surgery...

...went very well. In at 11:30, out like a light at 12:30, out the door by 3:00. I was finally convinced of the need for the operation as well as for the scalene block. Dr. Polacheck was pleased with the outcome. Not exactly Marcus Welby in the charm department, but he did put the tendon back together and that's what he's paid for.

Block is beginning to wear off, but still not as much discomfort as I was ready for. I'm relieved that it's over. On a positive note, yesterday Fr. Hereshko anointed me, what they used to call Last Rites. It was very moving and comforting, especially when he anointed my hands. Last night, Fr. Bruce Nieli, our parish mission speaker, had the crowd, about 150 of them, pray for me and the success of the surgery, another powerful and humbling experience and certainly why things went so well. One of the people was Alex Szeles, who has been in treatment for cancer for a long time, and for whom I've been praying. That was intense.

I'll be in touch with updates. One-handed typing is slow, but I've got a lot of time on my hand.

Finally, thanks to all my family and friends for their concern and offers of help. Reminds me of how blessed and lucky I am.

1 comment: