Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Cool Live Music Alert

The ABC brewery has been booking some interesting music. I've made it a point to open the ABC Entertainment e-mails, and it's a good thing. This coming week, Wednesday, March 11, someone very interesting is coming to a no-cover show. Her name is Theresa Andersson and she's being billed as a "much cuter Keller Williams." The link is to her MySpace page and I just watched the Na Na Na video (these kids and their lyrics, my gawd, what's this world coming to.) Anyway, she is indeed a perky young lady, and she's a looping monster, which is the part that gets me the hottest. Also, snaps for recording the video in the kitchen.

This is exactly the point I had in mind in my earlier rant about monster rock star concerts and my decision to concentrate on new, local or regional acts on their way up. Somebody on the Dead Hour Digest said tickets in Oakland for Clapton and Winwood were $142.50 (yes, apiece), plus a $17.50 convenience charge PLUS a $7.00 "building facility charge." (WTF?) Put me down as a "no." Actually, put me down as a laughing-so-hard-I'm-widdling-my-pants "HAIL, no."

Kudos to Jersey Mike and Roundtable Presents for making a real effort to bring new and decent music to a room that also sells great beer, in Harrisburg. I don't know if this young'un has the buzz to fill the room up, but it wouldn't surprise me. Might want to get there early. Hopefully we'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment