Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quick Food Review

Bill Wasch, local musician formerly with Rosie and the Naturals, recently opened a burger place in Strawberry Square. Joe Trojcak recommended I try it and yesterday I had the chance at lunch. My impression was that the burgers were cooked thoroughly but not too dry, more like hand-formed cookout burgers than fast food hockey pucks. The French fries are skin-0n and a lot like Five Guys. You'll either like them or not; I enjoyed them. If you go with someone, split an order of fries. I couldn't finish them and I was pretty hungry. Overall, I enjoyed my lunch as much as any I've had at Five Guys Burgers at a more reasonable price. On-line reviews are not completely favorable for Bill's, but I take those with a grain of salt. It's not inconceivable that the nasty comments in some reviews were posted by the owners of other businesses in the same Food Court. Maybe I'm prejudiced because he's a guitar player, but I give it two headstocks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment