Thursday, March 12, 2009

Music, Music Everywhere

The Hemlock Hollow show at The Good Life Cafe in Carlisle was a real blast. Roger, Chris, Bill and I played in a setting which I have described as taking a page from my "When I Hit The Lottery" fantasy: a venue with state-of-the-art PA, a soundman who is also recording the show, a good stage, an intimate setting to connect with the audience, good food, and a BYOB policy. The owner, David, is obviously committed to live music, to the point of coming up on stage and playing two songs with us. He's a pretty good player, and a great chef. The food is really outstanding, featuring local produce, organic ingredients and great flavors. You'll need to bring your own high fructose corn syrup, though.

Unfortunately, to this point I don't have a decent picture of the four of us to post. None of the shots we took are up to par. There are a few video excerpts floating around, and I'm told there will be a copy of the performance made available later. Special thanks to Sean, Alex and his friends, Ed, Grace, Maggie and all the friends and family of the Wilkinsons who make up the Hollowhead community for coming out and supporting us. I'm excited about this place and have discussed booking future shows there as the Kelly Trio with Alex on bass. Stay tuned.

In other musical news, Joreen and I went to see Theresa Andersson last night. The crowd was smaller than expected. This is a performer who plays to packed houses in New Orleans, and we were six feet away from her. Here is my first attempt at filming, saving and posting a video.



Yes, she's gorgeous, and she's got a great pair of looping pedals. I filmed the whole performance, and if you discount the shaky hand-held quality and the chitchat of the goobers in the audience, it's pretty neat. I hope to post this and other songs to YouTube at some point, another first time attempt for me. Until this morning I had never even opened Windows Movie Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment